Friday, October 3, 2014

One can dream

One of my friends showed me a video of Danny MacAskill , who is a highly accomplished trails rider. Trials riding is a type of riding where you are to get through an entire course or trail without putting a foot down. So you can imagine how highly skilled these guys are. The movie was mesmerizing. Danny went back to the Isle of Skye, Scotland where he was born and road the Cuillin Ridge line. I am in awe of his skills. I thought I was an OK cyclist, but nothing compared to Danny. It makes me wonder what I a capable of if I try hard enough. Can I bunny hop gaps and turn 180's without touching the ground. Can I jump gaps and hit a trail without bonking. Then the question is, if I could develop those skills, would I be brave enough to try? That's a big question. Self preservation usually trumps all in most of us. But if everyone was concerned with that then we wouldn't have people like Danny in the world. You got to admit, being able to pursue your passion without getting overly caught up in self preservation would definitely make life sweeter. But before you can fly, you gotta drop in off that ledge... Here's to everyone reaching for their dreams!


No comments:

Post a Comment