Wednesday, October 1, 2014

My Five Words

Got an assignment this week - come up with my five favorite words and what they mean to me. Never really thought of my favorite words, or even ones I use a lot. Now that I have to put them to paper they escape me. So lets see.

Seriously comes to mind.

Seriously as in "did you really just say/ do that? There are so many people out there that do things that make you wonder how they got so far in life without getting dead.

Bonk. That's a fun word. To me its official use is in the bicycling world when someone crashes or they run out of fuel and they just cant keep going. They "bonked" up that hill. Well, I like to play with it when I screw up or someone else does. Oops, looks like I bonked that one!

Dude! Who doesn't like to exclaim Dude! when you just heard or saw something really awesome or crazy and cant wait to share the glorious details. Its just makes the whole experience more real. This is also often used in conjunction with Seriously! - type moments.

OhMahGa! This one is fun. It is a creation. At my work I'm reasonably certain. It is a contraction of Oh, My God. Thing is, one of my co-workers says Oh, My God so fast it sounds like OhMahGa! Great for exclaiming surprise and general dumbfoundedness.

BOOM! This has great versatility. It can be used to describe and explosion, car wreck, things falling, or just for dramatic effect. Never gets old. Commonly used along with the other words in this list.

Sweet. OK, so I'm sure this word is way overdone and needs to be retired. But I have yet to find an alternative that is as versatile and able to bring together all your feelings on a topic / subject so concisely.

Looks like my words are pretty useful in the situations I normally find myself. Its cool how they can all be connected in a single sentence to exclaim a general circumstance or sprinkled throughout the description of the newest viral YouTube video!








No comments:

Post a Comment