Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Dungeons and Dragons - START!

So today Tiffany and I are starting a Dungeons and Dragons with her brother Joshua and two of his roommates. I have not played DND for over 4 years so its going to be interesting to see what I remember. SO far its very little. I don't remember what half the moves are, what die are used for what, etc.

Right now we are introducing our characters - mine is a Unaligned male half-orc Rogue (scoundrel) whatever all that means. My character is good at picking locks and being stealthy. Nothing I would consider I am good at. The city we are starting in is Baldurs Gate, yes, after the old video game. I wonder if there will be a lawsuit over that.

Anyway, I cant say I'm too enthused. I played it a long time ago when I had friends that were into it. It helped passed the time but I was not very good at role playing. But maybe this time will be different. Only time will tell.

It will take a long time to get very far into this. We are supposed to play every other Tuesday from 7 - midnight. I used to play about 3 hours a day 5 days a week and that took ages.

I'm really not sure what to expect. Suppose that's part of the fun. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment