Friday, September 12, 2014

Its not a weekend, its a workend!

Today marks the weekend. A time that people look forward to for free time, relaxation, and time spent with family. Me, well, I get to work so its not my weekend. But that's OK. Means more money to replace the money I blew earlier today on anime! My girlfriend isn't home anyway. She is out in Fair Play visiting family. So I got the place to myself – when I actually get to be there. But there is so much to do  when I'm not at work. I still have to finish my rough draft and edit my This I Believe Essay. Then I get to study for a business test. When thats done, I may get to actually do something I want to do – work on my car with a friend. That's if he isn't busy with homework or going home to Waynesville to visit his family. Oh well, either way Ill still work on it. Its driving me nuts. Maintenance has fallen behind so now its piled up. I have to work on my suspension, the door wiring, and if I find some money, replace some oil seals. Its come a long way. Its never had many reliability issues, just things that should be done that have been ignored. So that takes up a lot of the money I would rather put into modifying it. I still have some new suspension components I have been dying to put on but a bolt is rusted in place. Its a $9 bolt and I'm cheap so I'm trying to figure pout how to get it out  without cutting and destroying it. Then I got a new engine computer wiring harness that needs put in, but my wiring guy is out of town and I have no idea how to do that. Its magic pixie dust as far as I'm concerned. I would also like to hook up an oil catch can in place of my unused AC dryer, but that's money I don't have. Oh well. Its a project car, which is just another way of saying “money pit.” But its mine and for the most part its fun.  So maybe I will get to have a little bit of a weekend. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment