Friday, September 5, 2014

My Last Ride

For me there are so many wonderful machines out there. So many I would wonders of the automotive world and the power that comes from them. Cars in there truest form are simple transportation. To those of us who look beyond the simple, there is a whole nother world. The beauty in the curves, the roar of the engine that brings it to life, the smell of burnt rubber on the tarmac. Cars, to me, are not cars. They are works of art. Art that any of the classical painters and designers of the past could find something amazing in.

It was very hard for me to narrow the field. There are so many I would give almost anything the touch, let alone drive. If I had to choose one car to go for one last drive in because all the oil reserves have been used up, it would be a Hennessey Venom GT. 1244 horse power, 1155 lb-ft of torque, mid mounted twin turbocharged v8 with a top speed 278mph. But its more than just the numbers. Its the feeling those numbers bring up. Excitement, Joy, Breathlessness, and dare I say, Love? This car to me is the epitome of what a machine on 4 wheels is. It would be My Last Ride.


No comments:

Post a Comment