Monday, September 15, 2014

Procrastinating about not being a procrastinator

I'm not a procrastinator.. HA! That's why my Honda is still undriveable - because I cant get off my butt to fix it when I have the time. I have told myself every day I have had off that "today is the day I fix it." One month later and its still not fixed... You ever have those times when you just cant seem to get started on something that needs done, even though its really important? I think everyone does. Oh I get stuff done. Lots of it. Problem is its stuff that could wait! I really don't know why I haven't gotten out there and fixed it. I love working on my cars for the most part. Its usually relaxing, until I bust a knuckle. Its just a simple door sensor that has gone out and needs replaced. No big deal. Not like rebuilding the engine or transmission. Probably take no more that an hour. But I haven't started on it. Tiffany keeps bugging me to fix it. Because until I do fix it I have to use her car when I need to get around. Which drives her nuts. Hey... Maybe that's why I haven't fixed it! Does that make me a bad boyfriend? Makes me laugh. Anyway. I think in a lot of ways its like writing. I know what needs done and how to do it. Its just getting started. Once I get the door apart I will go on to the suspension and other stuff that needs attention. Just like my papers, once I find out where to start the words just keep coming. I'm not sure I'm getting better at starting papers yet. I still struggle. I went tot the writing center for help on how to start the I Believe essay. They told me what to do - free write! I should have known that! But its nice to have someone tell you you're on the right track. Maybe I'll write a paper on how to not be a procrastinator, if I ever get around to it....


1 comment:

  1. I think this is so funny. Many of us struggle with procrastinating about something. I am a lot like you. Once I start writing a paper the words just come to me, but getting started is the key. What always helps me, that might help you is, I read the material/directions for an essay, give it a few days to sink in before I try to sit down and write it. Usually within that time I think of things I might want to say or how I might want to say it. Free-writing is a good tool too as we know. Get to fixing that car son! And your not a bad boyfriend just a boyfriend who likes to pick on your girlfriend and give her a hard time. :)

    ReplyDelete