Tuesday, September 2, 2014

There and Back Again

SO, today I had to make a trip to Branson for a Dr. appointment. Branson, as you in the Springfield area know is nothing but one big traffic jam and tourist trap. I was hoping to make the best of it by going mountain biking after my appointment. Well, of course, it rained like cats and dogs last night and so what could go wrong did: the trails were closed because of severe mud conditions. IMBA doesn't want us to ride on wet trails as it adds to the erosion problem. I did see some bikers at Two Rivers, mud all over there bikes. Blatantly ignoring the rules. But that's the way of people sometimes. It could have turned out to be a bad day for me. But I chose to make the most of it. I enjoyed a beautiful drive in the country with my girlfriend in what was for the most part wonderful fall temperatures. Afterwards we stopped at Orange Leaf and got some really good frozen yogurt. Just stay away from the Key Lime Pie flavor!


No comments:

Post a Comment